Cryptocurrency Mining Away
It’s almost time to start mining away! First to keep everything organized please make a new folder let’s say “Mining”. This will be where you load all your wallets and miner of choice. Get it the way you want it the first time as you do not want to be moving files around afterwards.
This guide will be based off me SOLO’ing choosing Dogecoin as my currency using CudaMiner with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU on Windows 7 64Bit.
- Folder “Mining” created
- Extract your coin’s client/wallet to a subfolder “Dogecoin” in the “Mining” folder
- Extract the miner “Cudaminer” into the Mining folder
- At this point go ahead and start your wallet by double clicking dogecoin-qt.exe in the “Dogecoin” folder
- You will need to wait for the blockchain to download so let’s move on
- Click “start” or the “start button”. Type in “%appdata%” in the search bar. You want to get to your C:Users”yourname”AppDataRoamingDogeCoin folder
- Once inside the dogecoin folder you will need to make or edit if existing a file named “dogecoin.conf”
- A .conf file is used in wallets to configure your settings. Basically a .conf file means a configure settings file
- This is done for most all types of wallets i.e. bitcoin.conf, dogecoin.conf, worldcoin.conf etc.
cudaminer.exe -H 1 -i 0 -l F4x16 -C 2 -o 127.0.0.1:9332 -u User -p Password
The next chapter – Mining Configurations And Help
Previous chapter – Choosing Your Cryptocurrency